Monday, March 23, 2009

The Melting Pot

This semester I am taking Hospitality. Right now we are working on a restaurant project. We got to pick the kind of restaurant we wanted. One girl is doing a dessert only, another will be a sports bar, and another a noodle house, and so on. I wanted to design a fondue restaurant. There are a lot of problems to think about, like, how do you get heat on the table but still have your design to code. I didn't find any information on the technical parts of a fondue resturant so my teacher suggested that I go. Perfect! I've always wanted to go anyway, now I had a really good reason. We had a lot of fun and at tons of food with all kinds of flavors, then got the bill and felt poor.

2 comments:

  1. yummmmm, I always wanted to go the Melting Pot here in the city but always get distracted by other restaurants. Anyway, the code you need to look for for any type of restaurant is the Health & Saftey Code. It's not in the IBC because it specific regulations for kitchen/food & services. Keep in mind that this code is in addition to IBC which the rest of the country uses except California and New York ;) call or email me if you need help. Have fun, get crazy w/ the design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it yummy? Sounds like fun, plus you got some good information for your assignment! :)

    ReplyDelete